Monday, January 9, 2012

Better Books and cafe

I came across the flier shown below on the website Kuwait Paper Dump a couple of months back. I had figured out the location of the Better Books and Cafe but kept lazying out on checking the place. Finally, today I was in the neighbourhood and found myself walking down the stairs into the basement where the cafe is located. I found the atmosphere pleasant and the ambiance very soothing. I was even asked for the kind of music i wanted to hear will checking out the books across the shelves. I spent around an hour and still feel as if I have scratched only the surface. This place has an amazing collection of second hand books which can be purchased. They also have a buy back option which actually is quiet helpful in Kuwait for avid readers. Even if you are interested in reading the books, you can settle down on some chairs, stools and even a bean bag. There is also children's area for reading.So be really entertaining for some parents especially the mothers. The timings of the place is 10am to 8pm. You can also check their facebook page and the above link for the Blog maintained by them.

Other interesting things I came to know was about that this place can be used for meeting based on the approval of the owners. For today, Salsa dance classes were in progress. This is  definite Check out place for book lovers.

No comments: